Rockville, Maryland is located north of Bethesda, Maryland on both sides of Rockville Pike. The area of Rockville actually extends as far east as Georgia Avenue and as far west as Darnestown Road. The northern edge of Rockville ends at the intersection of Shady Grove Road and Rockville Pike.
People that live here, rarely move and those that visit often return to make it their home. It is no mystery why that occurs. There are hundreds of reasons. Let me share the top 10.
- 10. Local produce on sale during Spring, Summer and Fall at Farmers Markets held in two locations in downtown Rockville from May through November. Every Saturday, May 14 through November 19, the Farmers Market transforms itself as different fruits and vegetables become available throughout the season. Your pick of farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, bedding plants, cut flowers, preserves, honey herbs, baked goods, and more. All items offered are picked fresh daily and available as supplies last.
- 9. Red Gate Golf Course is open year round. Red Gate Golf Course is a championship 18-hole par-71 golf course that has been ranked as one of the 10 finest facilities in the Washington metropolitan area by Washington Golf Magazine.
- 8. Rockville Town Square is bustling. Enjoy all that downtown offers by visiting our unique locally-owned shops and restaurants, a pedestrian-friendly Town Square, residences, and the seat of county and city government, Rockville’s Town Center is a dynamic and thriving neighborhood to visit and call home.
- 7. The F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre has it’s home here. Named for the celebrated author who often visited Rockville, this 446-seat facility for the performing arts is used by both community theatrical groups and professional touring companies. Besides stage performances, the theater and its Social Hall are available for conferences, seminars and other large meetings.
- 6. Discount weekend and free parking! There are no parking meters in Rockville. There are parking garages and parking lots as well as free lots. Every retail location has plenty of parking. Most single family homes have driveways and/or garages.
- 5. Cherry blossoms and Azaleas. Local neighborhoods have hundreds upon hundreds of cherry trees. Springtime in Rockville is a wonderful, colorful experience. There is little need to drive to DC, you have the beauty all around you at home.
- 4. Neighborhoods. Town center is surrounded by neighborhoods. These neighborhoods usually have an association that promotes interaction between neighbors. These are real neighborhoods where people get to know and care about one another.
- 3. FIOS. Most neighborhoods in Olney have access to fiber optic internet service. Folks that work from home or those that need that gazillion baud rate will never be twiddling their thumbs here.
- 2. Montgomery College has it’s main campus here. Their mission states that “We are the community’s college.” A variety of activities, programs and facilities are available on each campus to county residents. Take a look at everything Montgomery College has to offer beyond a great education.
- 1. Community. Rockville offers community to those that live here. There are fine schools, public and private. There are year round events where neighbors come together. There are houses of worship open to all. There is a sense of caring and community spirit that is very unique.
If you would like to hear more about Rockville, give us a call and we will be glad to share all the information we have on this great community. If you would like to see what homes are available in Rockville, just click on the link below.
ReMax Realty Centre